Page - San Gimignano surroindings
Itineraries in the San Gimignano environs
Large stretches of countryside and rolling hills await those choose to holiday in San Gimignano. For those interested in ancient agricultural traditions, loves walking and are looking to discover the enchanting medieval villages and forests in heart of Tuscany, you’re in the right place.
From San Gimignano walking paths stretch across fields, woods and valleys.
You can walk to:
– The village of Castelvecchio: an abandoned medieval settlement nestled in the woods to the south of San Gimignano and the site of numerous battles between the Sienese Guelfs and Ghibellines over the conquest of the Val d’Orcia.
– The scenic hamlet of Larniano, immersed in the Tuscan countryside 6 km from San Gimignano.
– The quaint romanesque parish church of Cellole is found off of the road between San Gimignano and Gambassi Terme
– The shrine of Our Lady of Pancole, located 5 km from San Gimignano, where you can admire the Shrine of Mary, Mother of Divine Providence.
– The Paths of Memory: Ambience and nature.
– World War II Partisan refuges near the summit of the nearby mountain, Poggio del Comune di San Gimignano.
This vast landscape of Tuscany is ideal for trekking, cycling routes and perhaps a tasting of local foods produced by artisans that follow the rich traditions of the local cuisine.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle (Dante – Inferno XXXIV, 139)Continue Reading
[…] e del mio vaneggiar vergogna è ’l frutto, e ’l pentersi, e ’l conoscer chiaramente che quanto piace al mondo è breve sogno. (Petrarca – Canzoniere 1, vv. 12-14)Continue Reading
Amor può molto più che né voi né io possiamo (Boccaccio – Decameron, IV giornata) Love is precisely what makes a holiday special at the Hotel l’Antico Pozzo. Our passionContinue Reading